09 November 2013

Leather Accent Fold Over Pouch (LBG Studio)

This is my second entry into the Purse Palooza 2013 going on over at Sew Sweetness.  You can see my first Fylerion Bag here.

I was the lucky winner of the pattern Leather Accent Fold Over Pouch, thanks to Vanessa of LBG studio.

I also won some suede at the same time, but have not decided on which one to get, they all look so fantastic from Lindsey at LRstitched.

I really wanted to get working on it right away so I can give it as a gift to my Step-Mom when I see her at Thanksgiving.  So here is my non-suede version.
Pattern:  Is easy and simple to follow, she gives great directions and photos.
Materials:  She talks a lot about up-cycling and I love that, because sometimes I forget so I used an old pair of jeans that are so buttery soft they started to fall apart, I interfaced them with Vilene G700 and the corduroy corners are from a t-shirt that was my sons when he was 6 months old.  But my mistake was in using batting for a interlining, I didn't have anything else and it made the pouch really bulky.
Instructions:  Simple and Easy, She gives really AWESOME tips on how to sew over so many bulky layers and what needles to use.
Modifications:  Well I screwed up using such a bulky interlining, the bag is definitely ready for winter, which is why I am so glad I made the other modification and did a little button art on 1 side.
If I was to do this again with the corduroy I would applique it on with some Lite Steam-A-Seam, I don't think the suede needs it, but the corduroy sure could have used it.  I used this cute zipper-pull from Zipit
I think it adds the perfect touch.
I will definitely be making a lot more of these in the future, especially after I get a hold of the proper type of interlining suggested :)  I think it looks really nice and classy, especially the leather suede ones.

Linking to Purse Palooza 2013

Do you think my step mom will like this one or my shabby chic clutch.

1 comment:

Scrapbook-ChickADoodle said...

I love them both, but the shabby chic is more versatile. It can be used year round.