08 January 2014

The Best Chocolate Cake EVER

I am going to preface this by saying, I don't really like chocolate, gasp, horror, whisper "but urr a girrl", Yep, I am not really a big fan of chocolate.  My husband buys it all of the time for the kids and they scarf it down like it was going out of style, but the only chocolate I really eat is a Snickers bar.  But NOW I am a FAN, a big one...

"Oh Me Gosh" big letters OMG!  This is just the most fantastic thing to slide down your taste buds.  The texture, the moistness, the fudgy gooeyness, you will find the recipe HERE.  I got it last year from my friend Linda (her house burned to the ground this summer, so be sure to say something nice to her) and didn't make it until today.  It is her Grandmama's recipe and she is 105 years old this year, and if that doesn't convince you to eat more chocolate then I don't know what would.

Are you still here, go, go, get the RECIPE.
Make the cake!
Eat the cake!
and try to Share!

I don't have any pictures to share, we ate it to fast ;p

3 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, Mara! My grandmother will be so thrilled that you enjoyed her recipe! We have it for every birthday in this family. Thank you for trying it and sharing your thoughts!

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

ohhh we have two birthdays this month...looks like I've got a new recipe to try :) Thanks!

Unknown said...

It’s never too late to be a fan of chocolate. It all depends on the chocolate, of course. But seeing grandma’s chocolate cake, anyone would convert into chocolate-devotion. Have you tried her recipe? I would love to see how you made it. Jason Underwood @ La Patisserie